Friday, April 1, 2016

Mugs Rugs and Batik Scraps


I can’t believe that my Learn to Make Quilted Mug Rugs book is still in the top  5 on Annie’s Website.  I so enjoyed doing that book and obviously many others have enjoyed it just as much. I found that it was the perfect way to use up my favorite scraps.  I have a tendency to save every piece of batik fabric no matter how small.  I actually sort by size more so than by color.  It’s amazing how many times I’ve found the perfect piece of batik for just the right project.  It’s times like these that I appreciate all those scraps. They are like pure gold. 

 
Photos by Annie's Publishing

 

If you’re a quilter with an over abundance of scraps you may want to check out my mug rug book.  It has a lot of options not only for mug rugs but also for place mats and skinny runners (a.k.a. Toilet Tank Toppers)  I just couldn’t use that term in the book.  But this comes with a warning……These can be addicting.  They’re sort of like potato chips….one is never enough.


Some of the Mug Rugs in Learn to Make Quilted Mug Rugs.
 
 
Photos by Annie's Publishing
 
 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE mug rugs and it is on my list for a four day retreat the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE mug rugs and it is on my list for a four day retreat the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete